Back to job search
The role is part of the Finance Controllership team of which comprises senior individuals including the Group Financial Controller. The role will report to the Head of Technical Accounting & Advisory and will be responsible for addressing complex, significant and one-off accounting issues (involving IFRS, FRS 102 and FRS 101), as well as significant issues specific to individual segments/divisions.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
• Knowledge of regulatory, tax, legal and accounting matters, in particular technical accounting.
• Working to deadlines.
• Effective written and oral communication skills, so as to be able to communicate complex issues in a simple manner.
• Ability to challenge, enquire and analyse.
• Ability to apply existing skills to other tasks as required.
• Driving continuous improvement and innovation
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to present information in a concise, efficient and professional manner to senior management.
• Building self-insight & relationships
• Strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Education – Degree (or equivalent).
• Specialised Knowledge – IFRS, FRS 102, FRS 101.
• Microsoft Office – Intermediate or advanced level.
• Professional Certification – ACA, with significant post-qualification experience (including Big 4 and industry experience).
• Experience - Technical accounting/accounting policy, particularly IFRS.
• Ability to write well, and strong communication skills generally.
• Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
• Initiative, proactivity, enquiring approach, resourcefulness.
• Adaptability, ability to embrace and respond positively to change.
• Analytical and investigative skills, logical reasoning and problem-solving skills, individually and collaboratively.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Integrity and assertiveness when dealing with complex and/or business critical issues.
• Flexibility of working practices, priorities and hours to meet busineness demands
- Projects – Process Improvement and Accounting (12 Month FTC) £75-85,000
Job location: London
A specialist UK financial services group is loo...
- Finance Manager
Job location: Job salary: £55000 to £65000
A leading global legacy acquirer is looking for...
- Senior Finance Business Partner (15 Month Maternity Cover) £75-£85,000
Our client a global insurance brokerage and ris...