Back to job search
We are currently recruiting for a Financial Reporting Project Manager with a rapidly growing Life Insurer, responsible for ensuring a timely and high-quality output for all internal and external financial reporting.
• Responsible for ensuring a timely and high-quality output for all internal and external financial reporting including:
• The Annual Report and Accounts
1. The Solvency & Financial Condition Report and RSR
2. Pillar 3 regulatory reports such as the QRTs
3. Monthly Management Information reports to the Executive Committee, Board and corporate shareholders
4. Financial Statements of smaller group subsidiaries
5. Other reporting to regulators, industry bodies and internal committees.
• Responsible for the maintenance and management of a detailed reporting timetable to guide several Finance teams through each period end.
• Responsible for collecting feedback and conducting debrief sessions with documented actions to ensure continuous improvement.
• Working with the department “Heads of” to plan and track resources throughout the year to ensure there is sufficient bandwidth to meet all BAU and Project deliverables.
• Help to identify inefficiencies in the process and then proactively address them for the future reporting periods.
• Owning the relationship with other parts of the business and external parties on the major externally published deliverables.
• Managing the review process, ensuring all comments are captured, responded to and processed. Hands on support expected at critical times when there is a short turnaround between receiving comments and reissuing the major externally published deliverables.
• Responsible for drafting board and audit committee cover notes to support the main deliverables.
• Owning the relationship with the Company Secretary team to ensure all required papers are uploaded on time for finance function
• Supporting the change agenda as required on projects which include IFRS 17, the Solvency II reporting review and UK SOX.
• Ensuring review slots with senior management and the executive committee are booked in advance of each reporting period and working with the teams during reporting cycles to manage review timings as appropriate.
• You must act with integrity
• You must act with due skill, care and diligence
• You must be open and co-operative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators
• You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
• You must observe proper standards of market conduct
• Experience of managing a financial reporting close process in a complex environment.
• Experience working within an agile environment.
• Confident and calm when interacting with senior audiences.
• High level of initiative and self-motivation.
• Experience of taking ownership of problems and coordinating internal resources to help solve issues effectively and efficiently.
- Operational Controls Analyst
Job location: London Job salary: £45000 to £55000
Operational Controls Analyst £45,000 - £55,...
- Regional Claims Adjuster - Financial Lines
Job location: Birmingham Job salary: £30000 to £35000
Regional Claims Adjuster – Financial Lines £...
- Finance Support Manager
Job location: Leeds
New opportunity within a fast growing finance t...