Back to job search
A leading international Insurance and Reinsurance group, specialising in legacy acquisitions and capital solutions, are looking to hire a Senior Quantitative Risk Manager to their senior management team in Hamburg.
The firm is highly acquisitive and so we are looking for a candidate who enjoys an ever-changing landscape and is able to adapt quickly. You will be seen as a ‘go to’ Subject Matter expert across quantitative risk. Key responsibilities include:
• Promotion of a positive risk culture, proactive communication of risk management topics to the organization
• Quantitative risk assessments - reserving, credit, market price, liquidity and operational risks
• Development of existing and new quantification and measurement techniques (including the use of mathematical-statistical methods) and implementation of regular validations of risk models
• Implementation and further development of the Internal Control System (ICS): identification, assessment and management of risks and controls
• Documentation and testing of internal controls as well as remediation of control weaknesses in close cooperation with process owners and control owners
• Risk strategy, risk appetite and limit system: Annual development of the risk strategy based on the business strategy, development of a " risk appetite statement", further development of the limit system and limit monitoring
• Design and review of governance and risk policies and procedures
• Management of the ORSA process for all companies as well as support within the group
• Preparation of documents for local and group risk committees and management boards
The Right Candidate:
• Master's degree in Business Mathematics or a quantitatively oriented business degree, preferably with experience in an international environment
• Training as a risk manager (FRM, PRM) or actuary
• Very good knowledge of stochastic risk theory, overarching understanding of financial economic concepts and knowledge of the Solvency II regime
• Experience in risk modeling desirable
• Experience in leading interdisciplinary projects or working groups
• Excellent analytical skills, problem-solving thinking, a high degree of motivation, independence and persuasiveness, and results-oriented work on changing and new topics
• Team spirit, excellent interpersonal and communication skills in a multicultural environment
• Fluent written and spoken German and business fluent English
- Claims Negotiator (Customer) X5
Job location: Job salary: £19000 to £23000
Job responsibilities: - To proactively reco...
- Senior Claims Adjuster - Reinsurance Casualty/Property
This position would require a minimum of 5 year...
- Technical Wordings Underwritier x5
Key Responsibilities • Support the developme...