Back to job search
Brand new opportunity with a specialty insurance and reinsurance company. Assist the Audit Management team in ensuring that the Board and Executive Management protect the assets and reputation of the company, as well as helping management improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes in a maintainable manner.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
• Participate in the annual Internal Audit planning process, and demonstrate ability to lead the internal audit planning process on a number of areas of risk.
• Develop an awareness of how a risk focussed audit plan is collated, including the metrics and measured used.
• Support Audit Management to develop and maintain the IA methodology and policies and procedures, including identifying improvements for discussion and agreement with Audit Management.
• Maintain awareness of and comply with relevant regulatory requirements, practice guidance and internal policies (for example Code of Conduct, Lloyd’s Principles, SEC requirements and CIIA / IIAG guidelines).
• Maintain up-to-date technical and subject knowledge of the insurance industry.
• Participate in the quality assurance (QA) review process including leading individual reviews with oversight from management.
• Assist Audit Managers and Head of Internal Audit on the fulfilment of the annual audit plan.
• Working either independently or in a team to execute high quality, commercially focused, timely audits.
• Perform audit engagements including scoping, planning and execution of assigned audits in line with the audit methodology, standards, and required timelines.
• Interpreting audit results and produce draft audit reports for review by Audit Management.
• Own or assist with the timely follow up of Internal Audit findings, and escalation to IA management, as necessary.
• Participate and undertake applicable professional, technical and career development training (internally and externally) to include attainment of associated qualifications where required.
• Comply with external and internal regulatory and statutory policies, procedures, and regulations.
To succeed in this role, you will need to be/have:
• Specific professional qualifications at the level of degree or equivalent
• Qualified within own personal discipline, with extensive post-qualification work experience (5+ years in internal/external audits) to include:
• Evidence of understanding Sarbanes-Oxley framework (preferred).
• Working as part of a team within a complex organisation (preferably within financial services or Insurance/Reinsurance industry)
• Professional audit, accounting qualification or Chartered Institute of Insurance (preferred)
• Experience of project / change management audit (preferred)
Senior Internal Auditor
|Discipline:||Audit, Risk & Compliance|
|Salary:||£50000 to £80000|
|Published:||20 days ago|
- Interim Financial / Senior Financial Analyst
Job location: Surrey Job salary: £45000 to £70000
New exciting opportunity as a Interim Finance/ ...
- Assistant Underwriter - Commercial Lines (FTC)
Job location: West Midlands Job salary: £25000 to £30000
Assistant Underwriter - Commercial Lines (12 mo...
- Interim M&A Associate
Job location: Job salary: £60000 to £75000
New Opportunity working as an Interim Associate...