Back to job search
New opportunity based in London’s west end working for a lead insurer who aims to have a finance function which is fit to produce robust, clear, well controlled public company-quality reporting. You will be a key member of the Group Consolidation team, which co-ordinates the running of a Group quarterly reporting cycle. You will focus on the delivery of financial results to key stakeholders within the Group while developing systems, processes and controls to ensure that risks are minimised, and processes are scalable as the business grows. The role will also include involvement in ad-hoc projects, including the implementation of IFRS 9, 17 and some M&A activity.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Develop and maintain reporting templates in line with relevant technical and business requirements.
• Understand the individual business units and review their business returns.
• Production of high-quality Group-level analytical reviews
• Review of Group consolidation including review and preparation of consolidation journals, eliminations and group intercompany reconciliations.
• Preparation of IFRS financial statements including supporting statutory notes and disclosures.
• Support the design and maintenance of a Group compliance and internal controls framework.
• Support in the improvement of the financial reporting process.
• Managing ongoing relationships with other Group functions (including actuarial, tax and all divisional finance reporting teams)
• Liaising with external auditors in addressing technical accounting developments and to facilitate the smooth running and close-out of the audit process.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Qualified accountant ACA, CA or ACCA, with a significant number of years post qualification experience.
• Life Insurance experience.
• Detailed consolidation experience.
• Excellent inter-personal skills.
• Previous experience working in a people management role is essential.
• Excellent IFRS and US GAAP knowledge
• Big 4/Top 10 Accounting Practice background with both external audit experience and industry experience
• Excellent PC skills with a strong appreciation of financial systems (e.g., general ledger).
• Experience of financial systems such as SAP BPC, Workiva, and Tagetik would be an advantage.
- FP&A Analyst
Job location: Job salary: £45000 to £65000
New opportunity based in the heart of London’s ...
- Financial Accountant
Job location: London
New opportunity working for a leading insurance...
- Finance Analyst - Programme & Technology
Job location: West Sussex Job salary: £25000 to £45000
New Opportunity as a Finance Analyst, working a...