Back to job search
An award winning MGA are seeking a bright insurance savvy individual to join their risk team.
As a Risk Officer you work as part of a growing team by providing support to the CRO Office in the execution of the Enterprise-wide Risk Management (ERM) Framework across the Group. The role will also consist of time spent supporting in the completion of second line independent assurance reviews across various themes and geographies.
• Support the first line in the ongoing identification, assessment, management and mitigation of all risks ensuring that they are accurately captured within the Risk Management System.
• Contributing to the enhancement and/or execution of ERM Framework and proactively suggest improvements to the control environment.
• Remaining current on regulatory and industry changes impacting the business, helping to identifying new or emerging risks to which the Group is exposed.
• Support in the embedding of the risk event escalation, resolution and reporting mechanisms that ensures that all material events are highlighted to management and are actioned in a complete and timely manner.
• To support the Risk Manager in the completion of the Internal Assurance plan, which provides independent assurance over the Group’s activities, by participating in the planning phase of individual reviews and being able to undertake testing of various areas across the Group.
• Routinely obtain up-dates from stakeholders on mitigating actions using the most effective channel of communication and highlighting to the CRO Office when they become overdue.
• General understanding of risk management and associated principles
• Experience in contributing to audit and/or assurance engagements is advantageous
• Knowledge of FCA regulatory environment with knowledge of other regulatory jurisdictions being desirable
• 1-2 years’ experience working within the UK Financial Services market with exposure to the general insurance industry.
• Experience in a risk, compliance or audit role is desirable
• Experience gained in the Lloyd’s/London market is advantageous but not essential
• Degree educated and/or other relevant professional qualifications is desirable
- Head of Finance Results Production
Job location: Job salary: £120000 to £140000
We are recruiting for a Head of Finance Results...
- Finance Accounts Receivable and Payable Manager
Job location: London Job salary: £90000 to £100000
New opportunity with a leading global insurer t...
- Commercial Finance Manager
Job location: Cambridgeshire Job salary: £45000 to £50000
We are currently partnering with an innovative,...