Back to job search
A major life insurer that focuses on innovative solutions and customer care is looking for an experienced Risk Manager to support the Head of Market and Capital Risk and the wider team in assessing and reporting risks within the Director of Financial Risk’s remit. The role holder will also provide challenge and oversight to the 1st line risk management activities as well as supporting the on-going maintenance of financial risk management framework.
• Co-ordinate the production of Own Risk & Solvency Assessment (ORSA) reports and contribute to the analysis of modelling results and communication of key risk recommendations;
• Contribute to the maintenance and development of the financial risk management framework to ensure on-going appropriateness and alignment with Board approved financial risk appetites;
• Support the collation and drafting of key public and private risk assessment documents;
• Support and challenge first line on BAU market risk assessment, management and mitigation as part of the Financial Risk team activity;
• Contribute to the design, implementation and on-going monitoring of the Key Risk Indicators;
• Provide risk assessments of business initiatives and support in drafting risk opinions where appropriate;
• Engage with contributors and coordinate drafting the risk sections of public/private disclosure documents, including Solvency & Financial Conditions Report (SFCR), Regulatory Supervisory Report (RSR) and Annual Report Accounts (ARA);
• Review and update the relevant sections of the Risk Operating Model, including risk appetite framework;
• Collate, review and challenge financial risk assessments in quarterly ORSA reports;
• Design, propose and communicate stress and scenario specifications for Stress & Scenario Testing (SST), as inputs to ORSA, Run-off and Recovery planning;
• Review financial results and support the drafting of the above reports, and highlight key messages and recommendations;
• Review of risk logs and track progress on risk recommendations and challenges to Line 1.
• Review key risk exposures against limits and thresholds, such as ALCO management MI on interest rate, inflation and liquidity risks. Develop and maintain market risk monitoring processes where appropriate.
• Opportunities in supporting of draft CRO risk opinion papers and line 2 opinions for inclusion in other papers;
• Opportunity in supporting quantitative review of the Group Business Plan.
Skills and Knowledge
• Good level of understanding of insurance business, including its risk profile, and regulatory context in Solvency II;
• Strong delivery focus and organisational skills, to co-ordinate and deliver multiple projects.
• Good problem solving, analysis and resolution skills;
• Good verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present complex financial concepts in a clear and concise manner;
• A reasonable degree of understanding of risk management techniques and challenges;
• Ability and experience of collaboration with stakeholders outside their immediate team;
• Ability to challenge others in a clear and constructive manner;
• Understanding of the risk management framework and systems is desirable;
• Familiar with Microsoft Office tools including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- FP&A Analyst
Job location: Job salary: £45000 to £65000
New opportunity based in the heart of London’s ...
- Financial Accountant
Job location: London
New opportunity working for a leading insurance...
- Finance Analyst - Programme & Technology
Job location: West Sussex Job salary: £25000 to £45000
New Opportunity as a Finance Analyst, working a...