Back to job search
The world’s largest publicly traded P&C insurance company and the largest commercial insurer in the U.S is seeking to hire at IFRS 17 Implementation, Program Manager.
IFRS 17 is an international insurance accounting standard change that impacts the statutory financial reporting for a number of Group entities in Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Eurasia, Africa & Canada (not Europe). As part of its IFRS17 program, the business is in the midst of rolling out a new finance system to comply with IFRS 17 using a central and local team approach. A pilot of the finance system is underway with future roll outs to entities expected in future years.
1. Lead and manage the implementation of the global IFRS17 program and associated system implementations
2. Actively involved in defining the scope, deliverables, timescales and budgets for all parts of the central IFRS 17 project
3. Work closely with the work stream leads to ensure that all aspects of the program are effective and efficient
4. Ability to drive alignment with other PMs and PMOs (e.g. in country)
5. Managing an efficient and effective PMO
6. Ability to identify and mobilize appropriate resources
7. Refine Governance structure and meeting cadence for end to end program implementation
8. Refine critical success factors, KPI’s and other objectives that must be met by the project
9. Supports the management of external vendors
10. Has the authority and skill to establish good working relationships and influence decisions at the most senior levels within the company
11. Facilitate and chair regular project meetings and follow up with team members as required to focus on business and operational issues or technical issues, documenting, assigning and monitoring all project issues to ensure clearance with minimal impact to project progress
12. Ensure that problems are managed and escalated efficiently with the minimum disruption to the business
13. Plan effectively around the delivery constraints and optimize the plan to ensure IFRS17 delivery
14. Develops the plan within constraints, considering the delivery approach, key milestones and dependencies within the plan, requirements and scope, effort and resources, budgets and quality.
15. Plans and analyses costs, tracking operating and capital spend, and tracks reporting to financial business case commitments.
16. Accountable for the tracking of project/s risks/issues/dependencies, assesses the impact on the benefit realization for the project and takes action to minimize impact, actively challenging and removing obstacles
17. Ensure appropriate communication with geographies and be a key contact for all developments pertaining to IFRS 17 implementation from Group finance perspective
18. Any other essential function that may occur from time to time as directed by the project owners.
- Senior Accountant
Job location: London Job salary: £ 70000 to £ 80000
A leading specialist insurer is looking for Sen...
- Mergers and Acquistions Associate
Job location: London
This is a great opportunity for a recently qual...
- Group Financial Controller
Job location: West Sussex Job salary: £ 120000 to £ 140000
This ambitious and agile insurance company, is ...