Back to job search
Professions Claims Adjuster
£ - negotiable depending on experience
Working for a top specialist UK insurer, are looking for an experienced claims professional focusing on Professional Indemnity claims. Reporting to the Specialty Lines Claims Manager, this role will work with the Claims team, along with several specialist vendors including forensic, legal, and PR to further strengthen the claims team to ensure continuing delivery of a high-quality claims service to policyholders, brokers, underwriters and capacity providers.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Proactively handle Professional Indemnity claims in accordance with Claims Handling Guidelines from first notification of loss (FNOL) to settlement (including coverage, legal liability and quantum analysis) within the scope of delegated authorities.
• Foster good relationships with policyholders, brokers, underwriters and capacity providers, and drive excellent customer service.
• Handle claims to ensure there is prompt and accurate reserving, identifying and pursuing relevant third-party recoveries and seeking to reduce claims leakage.
• The ability to prioritise where necessary, identifying deadlines such as those stipulated within lawsuits, demand letters and in addressing claims queries.
• Work closely with panel of service providers to ensure a quality and value for money service is provided/received within required timeframes.
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience of handling claims.
• Strong experience within professional claims.
• Good understanding of insurance policy wordings.
• Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements specific to Lloyd’s (e.g. Claims management Principles and Minimum Standards), MGAs and the Financial Ombudsman Service.
• Understanding of underwriting strategies and the impact of claims and external events on underwriting practice and business results.
• Demonstrable experience within a team leader (people management) role.
• Educated to degree standard - DIP, ACII or legal degree preferred.
- FP&A Analyst
Job location: Job salary: £45000 to £65000
New opportunity based in the heart of London’s ...
- Financial Accountant
Job location: London
New opportunity working for a leading insurance...
- Finance Analyst - Programme & Technology
Job location: West Sussex Job salary: £25000 to £45000
New Opportunity as a Finance Analyst, working a...