Back to job search
One of Europe`s leading insurance and reinsurance group is seeking a Group Financial Control Manager to join their growing team. This role sits within the Group Financial Oversight team which reports directly to the Director of GFO.
It’s a business facing position so you would need to engage and build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders. Typical responsibilities will include:
• Develop, enhance and challenge risks and controls using strong technical knowledge while incorporating knowledge of insurance, financial, and regulatory reporting in order to strengthen the control environment.
• Coordinate and remediation activity: including risk and control assessments of policies and procedures, mapping of key processes, overseeing control testing, closing remediation activity and providing guidance around the control environment to the company`s finance organisation and key stakeholders.
• As a member of the Group Finance team, drive the management agenda on purpose, priorities, people, and engagement as an ambassador.
Skills and Experience:
• Qualification in related field ( e.g. accounting or actuarial)
• Extensive knowledge and best practice of finance processes and controls, risk management as it relates to insurance and reinsurance.
• Strong understanding of IFRS and insurance regulatory regimes including Solvency ll and risk requirements.
• Risk and controls design, delivery, testing, and management experience, ideally in SOX type environment.
• Relationship management skills to achieve objectives through others and maintain effective stakeholder relationships across a wide group.
- Projects – Process Improvement and Accounting (12 Month FTC) £75-85,000
Job location: London
A specialist UK financial services group is loo...
- Finance Manager
Job location: Job salary: £55000 to £65000
A leading global legacy acquirer is looking for...
- Senior Finance Business Partner (15 Month Maternity Cover) £75-£85,000
Our client a global insurance brokerage and ris...