Back to job search
Major Loss Energy Claims Adjuster
£75,000 - £95,000
London – Flexible Hybrid working
An international leading Insurance organisation are fortifying their Claims commitment by seeking a Major Loss Energy Claims Adjuster to investigate loss and determine coverage and adjust for a broad Energy Claims portfolio of significant complexity and exposure. Including an international remit, this individual will implement cost effective resolutions of minimising indemnity and exposure whilst engaging with key stakeholders.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
• Managing Major Loss claims handling enquiry, coverage determination, quantum analysis and legal liability assessment, where appropriate.
• Prepares and evaluates investigation strategies, which identify critical issues affecting liability, causation and damages.
• Appropriately considers opportunities for third part contribution.
• Makes an independent evaluation of liability and damages.
• Analyses exposures and trade-offs between defence costs and settlement/judgement costs as news information becomes available.
• Makes timely and accurate potential exposure recommendations.
• Ensuring effective vendor and litigation management on Major Loss claims within a personal allocation, with a focus on significantly reducing the use of outside vendors.
• Reporting key claims messages to internal/external stakeholder where required, as technical claims experts and thought leader
• Delivery of technical training to Major Loss colleagues and external contacts as appropriate, assist in continuous improvement across the region through support for the Quality Assurance/Regional Audit processes.
• Represent claims expertise on external technical panels and/or industry forums
• Contribute to maintenance of best practice procedures for Major Loss claims, consistent with global best practice.
• A senior technical referral for colleagues within the Major Loss team, authorizing case strategies and reserves proposed by Major Loss colleagues.
• Co-ordinating Major Loss Management Information for senior business stakeholders and presenting same during business processes (e/g/ quarterly estimate meetings).
• Timely, accurate and customer focused claim resolution, minimizing indemnity exposure and mitigating vendor and legal expense
You will need to display you have the following skills & experience:
• Market leading specialty knowledge in Major Loss Energy claims topics
• Expert policy language skills enabling accurate and consistent policy wording interpretation
• Market leading knowledge of legal/regulatory and litigation/procedural requirements
• Experience in negotiation, mediation, arbitration and ADR skills
• Experience in conducting technical claims audits and effectively following up on findings
• Catastrophe management experience
• Ability to manage claims outside local jurisdiction where appropriate, including understanding of local laws and regulation, regular interaction with claims team in originating jurisdiction and ensure regular reporting in both locations
• Strong senior stakeholder engagement exposure internally and externally to direct claims strategy
- E&O / PI / FL Claims Adjuster
Job location: London Job salary: £50000 to £60000
Claims Adjuster - E&O / PI / FL £50,000 ...
- Aviation Claims Adjuster - FTC
Job location: London
Aviation Claims Adjuster – 9 month FTC £60,...
- Major Loss Claims Adjuster
Job location: London Job salary: £75000 to £95000
Major Loss Energy Claims Adjuster £75,000 - ...