Back to job search
New exciting opportunity as Head of Financial Reporting working for one of the leading UK life and pensions companies. Based in Buckinghamshire, you will act as a key player in finance as part of the management team, delivering timely and accurate financial results, reporting and forecasting. In addition, the role involves working with the CFO in co-ordinating activities and building an efficient and effective Finance function, working closely with the Actuarial Team, Group Finance and Group Tax. The role requires a flexible individual capable of leading strategic-related activity at a senior level and also providing expertise on particular aspects of the business.
• Manage the Financial Reporting and Management Accounts team and activities
• Provide accurate and timely reporting of financial results including Solvency II returns
• Contribute significantly to projects and provide appropriate strategic and financial input as necessary
• Provision and development of regular and strategic Management Information
• Coordination and contribution to activity in understanding and driving the key components of value, in order to support the generation of Economic Value, Profits and a continued dividend stream. This will include:
Analysing data and expressing results in a clear and meaningful way
Creating and developing financial models for decision support
• Leading the work in preparing Corporation Tax computations and other relevant Life Company Taxation submissions, liaising with the Group Head of Taxation who will provide oversight and review.
• Building and maintaining constructive relationships, including external auditors and third party suppliers.
• Keeping up to date with Accounting Standards and making adjustments as and when required.
• Manage the risks arising from the activities and deliverables in accordance with Risk Management Framework and Risk Policies.
• Project managing through the whole of the year end process, from assumption setting in Q3 and Q4, through to managing the year-end audit process with the external auditors.
• People Management responsibilities – lead the team, particularly through periods of change, maintaining suitable records regarding objectives and performance reviews.
• Be a member of the Senior Finance team, including taking on additional responsibilities as required by the CFO from time to time.
• Be an advocate for change, including the incorporation of best practice initiatives
• Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with 10 years plus qualification Strong technical and commercial background in Life or General Insurance Accounting
• Desirable – experience in Corporation Tax for a Life Insurance Company
• Experienced in leading and motivating a team.
• Experienced in working cross functionally, particularly with Actuaries, to work together to ensure the Reporting process operates smoothly.
- Deputy Head of Company Secretariat
Job location: London Job salary: £110000 to £130000
New Deputy Head of Company Secretariat opportun...
- Compliance Manager/ Senior Complince Analyst
Job location: London Job salary: £60000 to £80000
New Compliance Manager/ Senior Compliance Analy...
- Compliance Manager
Job location: London Job salary: £90000 to £120000
New all-encompassing Compliance Manager opportu...