Back to job search
Working with a leading MGA experiencing significant growth, are seeking an experienced Finance Manager to join the Finance Team. Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, this individual will engage across all aspects of finance business partnering, taxation and financial reporting. The Finance Manager will handle monthly and annual closing procedures, act as lead and mentor for a junior team member, in addition to deputising for the Financial Controller where necessary; with scope to progress to seniority in the future.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
• Contribute to month-end ledger closings for all the legal entities in the group.
• Assist with regulatory reporting including the preparation of monthly solvency position and preparation of RMAR returns.
• Advise management of changes to Accounting standards, Tax legislation and tax planning opportunities (particularly corporation tax and VAT), and in conjunction with tax advisors implement changes.
• Preparation of group consolidated accounts and supporting information including the net assets & reserves.
• Monitor and control the group monthly and annual expense budgets, reporting on actual vs. budget expenses, expenses allocations across entities and products, etc.
• Preparation and review of monthly management accounts and expense reporting including all allocations, recharges and subsequent analysis
• Assisting with year-end tax computations working with the external accountants.
• Co-ordinate the year-end audit process with the external auditors.
• Analysis of intercompany balances, including loans and trading balances, unwinding of these as required
• Assisting the Group FC & Group CFO with monthly shareholder reporting
• Be aware of any technical accounting changes
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
• Strong command over insurance financial ledger systems, is comfortable posting journal entries, overseeing creating ledger codes and is very strong as a technical accountant.
• Qualified accountant, with post qualification experience gained in an insurance business (MGA/Broking/Underwriting)
• A solid grasp of technical accounting requirements and understanding of FRS102 rules for the insurance and insurance broking markets would be beneficial.
• Experience of working in audit would be advantageous
• Comfortable working with Excel, experience of working with data previously, and should be comfortable with manipulating large volumes of information
• Strong attention to detail
• Knowledge of insurance / MGA systems and processes, as they apply to financial reporting
• Ability to work to tight deadlines, especially at the month-end and year-end