Back to job search
New opportunity based in London’s west end working for a lead insurer. You will be reporting to the Senior Associate, Consolidated Reporting and will have the opportunity in building and running the Group financial reporting process including the impact and changes due to the adoption of IFRS 17/9. This will be a hands on role to set up and run a Group quarterly reporting cycle with a focus on delivery of financial results while developing systems, processes and controls to ensure that risks are minimised and processes are scalable as the business grows both within BAU and IFRS 17/9 project.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Prepare and review templates and schedules to facilitate the consolidation process including preparation of consolidation journals, elimination and group intercompany reconciliations.
• Support statutory accounts preparation including completing a technical review.
• Support in the improvement of the financial reporting process.
• Support in preparation of financial results, including completing analytical reviews of subsidiary accounts submissions within strict deadlines.
• Ensure that any points raised by either internal or external audit are followed up and promptly resolved.
• Support the design and maintenance of a Group compliance and internal controls framework.
• Support the development of various projects.
• Support in the embedding risk culture and control framework within Group Finance including identification of risks and controls and remedial actions to address all points.
• Be flexible and provide support across Finance for all tasks including M&A project work when required.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Qualified accountant ACA, CA or ACCA, with a significant number of years post qualification experience;
• Life Insurance experience;
• Detailed consolidation experience;
• Excellent inter-personal skills
• Previous experience working in a people management role is essential.
• Excellent IFRS and US GAAP knowledge.
• Big 4/Top 10 Accounting Practice background with both external audit experience and industry experience.
• Excellent PC skills with a strong appreciation of financial systems (e.g. general ledger).
• Experience of financial systems such as SAP BPC, Workiva, and Tagetik.
- Head of Finance Results Production
Job location: Job salary: £120000 to £140000
We are recruiting for a Head of Finance Results...
- Finance Accounts Receivable and Payable Manager
Job location: London Job salary: £90000 to £100000
New opportunity with a leading global insurer t...
- Commercial Finance Manager
Job location: Cambridgeshire Job salary: £45000 to £50000
We are currently partnering with an innovative,...