Back to job search
New opportunity within a fast growing finance team, and become part of a close-knit community of professionals across Finance, Claims, HR and IT. In this varied role, you will contribute to the development of solutions to changing requirements placed on the finance and actuarial function to ensure the successful delivery of business objectives.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
• Ensure the team is resourced to meet day to day and project demands, for current activities as well as looking forwards sharing and developing strategy, knowledge and best practice
• Drive the continuous improvement and development of processes and systems across Finance and Actuarial aligned to strategic objectives
• Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders across the Department and wider local and Global functions
• Partner with business, Finance, and IT to drive best practice sharing, process efficiencies and enhanced controls
• Deliver activities within the team to the agreed compliance standards such as financial management, legal and security requirements
• Drive the measurable refinement of process, procedures and systems to continuously improve the efficiency of activities within the Finance Department
• Lead the collaboration across Finance, Actuarial and wider teams (including 3rd parties) to continually review the service provided to end-users and customers to ensure it meets agreed service levels and all customers’ requirements, e.g. liaising with stakeholders, conducting customer satisfaction surveys and electronic monitoring and identify improvements to the service provided
• Drive a culture of risk avoidance by ensuring all risks are self-identified and have a timely mitigation plan in place and ensuring adequate controls are in place to govern the access
Qualifications & experience:
• Proven experience of leading a financial and/or Actuarial systems development, application maintenance and User Support team
• Significant experience of managing relationships with internal and external business customers at a senior level
• Considerable experience and understanding of the project, development lifecycles and process methodologies
• Experience in identifying opportunities to drive forward process and systems changes and to innovate to meet stakeholder, customer and business needs.
• Demonstrable experience in owning and driving the development roadmap of financial and actuarial systems including TM1, ResQ and custom built SQL systems
• Proven experience of practical application of ITIL framework approach
• Demonstrable experience of developing, managing and motivating teams
• Formal accounting qualification (CA, ACCA, ACMA)/actuarial qualification/Bachelor’s degree (hons) in mathematics, computer science or financial related degree
- Operational Controls Analyst
Job location: London Job salary: £45000 to £55000
Operational Controls Analyst £45,000 - £55,...
- Regional Claims Adjuster - Financial Lines
Job location: Birmingham Job salary: £30000 to £35000
Regional Claims Adjuster – Financial Lines £...
- Finance Support Manager
Job location: Leeds
New opportunity within a fast growing finance t...