Back to job search
Business Performance Manager
London Flexible / Hybrid working
£100,000 - £110,000
A leading global insurance and reinsurance company is looking for a Business Performance Manager. This role is to manage the business planning process and drive, manage and monitor business performance reporting across the European branch, focusing on underlying business trends, operational performance and identification of risks.
• Assist in the preparation and implementation of the operational team plans to ensure these are in line with wider business strategy and reflects key priorities.
• Ensure that the chosen software fully meet requirements for business planning and is flexible enough to adapt to changing business needs whilst retaining the necessary speed and robustness.
• Provide the senior management team with timely insight and guidance on expected variances, trends and risks in order to enable effective analysis, decision making and planning.
• Ensure all reporting deadlines are met by managing monthly and ad-hoc reporting processes against agreed timescales.
• Evaluate process design and efficiency and identify opportunities for improvement in order to ensure optimal effectiveness of work activities and alignment with best practice.
• Assess operational issues and help drive corrective/preventative action in order to improve business performance.
• Proactively mitigate risk by partnering with business managers to: | Identify high risk areas from a regulatory, financial, reputational standpoint. | Assess the adequacy of controls and make recommendations for improvement. | Define and track key risk indicators and measure. | Co-ordinate the team’s business continuity plans.
• Design and deliver presentations to each area of the business to help spread knowledge and good practice (e.g. Rate Adequacy etc).
• Ensure that the needs of business clients/users are fully understood and proactively resolve issues and queries in order to facilitate effective reporting tool strategy and development.
• Develop effective performance indicators and create executive reporting/scorecards that improve analysis and measurement.
• Contribute to group global planning initiatives, liaising with key stakeholders to ensure a co-ordinated approach.
• Develop Performance Monitoring management information in order to continually meet user needs and enhance informed analysis and decision making.
• Deliver presentations to the senior management team, ensuring key information is highlighted and explained in order to enabled informed analysis and decision making.
• Monitor the planning process during business planning reviews in order to produce more accurate plans.
• Ensure Rate Adequacy and Business Planning Information is aligned to allow more accurate monitoring of plans and give early warning signs of portfolios that are struggling to meet their targets
Skills and Experience:
• Demonstrated expertise and results/track record in mitigating operational risk.
• Experience with process design, evaluation and improvement.
• Near achievement of ACII (desirable)
• Advanced excel Deep understanding of the insurance industry.
• Knowledge of project/program management.
- Projects – Process Improvement and Accounting (12 Month FTC) £75-85,000
Job location: London
A specialist UK financial services group is loo...
- Finance Manager
Job location: Job salary: £55000 to £65000
A leading global legacy acquirer is looking for...
- Senior Finance Business Partner (15 Month Maternity Cover) £75-£85,000
Our client a global insurance brokerage and ris...