Back to job search
My client a well-established insurance broker is seeking a Senior Technical Accounting Manager who will be responsible for addressing significant and one off accounting issues, involving IFRS, FRS 101 and 102.
This role will be home based (Remote) with travel to London once a month maximum.
Due to the nature of the business, there are a constant stream of significant and one-off technical accounting issues to address, so there is no chance of being bored in this role!
This will cover regular interactions with the business and requires timely decision-making, whilst documenting important decisions in an accounting memorandum or briefing note. A large focus is on resolving business issues with an add on being involved in accounting policy and updating manuals
This role requires a technically minded person who is delivery-focussed and willing to be stuck in.
This role will cover;
- Hedge Accounting / Financial instruments
- Revenue Recognition
- Lease Accounting and Share Based Payments
- Financial Statements and Transitioning subsidiaries
Group Accounting Policy Manual
What you need;
- ACA, fully qualified, with significant post-qualification experience.
- Big 4 (within external audit) and industry experience.
- IFRS technical accounting/accounting policy experience.
Ability to write well, and strong communication skills generally.
Like to have;
FRS 102/ FRS 101 experience.
Strong Excel skills.
Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
· Initiative, proactivity, enquiring approach, resourcefulness.
Adaptability, ability to embrace and respond positively to change.
Analytical and investigative skills, logical reasoning and problem-solving skills, individually and collaboratively.