Back to job search
Syndicate Finance Manager
London Flexible / Hybrid working
A leading Lloyd`s specialist insurance company is looking for a Syndicate Finance Manager. Reporting to the Syndicate Financial Controller, this role is responsible leading an onshore team of one & a small offshore outsourced team & managing the effective production of the syndicate result & contribution to the production of the balance sheet.
• Managing the delivery of the syndicate result & a key contributor to the production of the balance sheet
• Support the Syndicate Financial Controller in various monthly and quarterly accounting activities
• Responsible for the review of technical adjustments and reconciliations
• Review key reporting controls, including developing additional controls onshore and offshore to guarantee the integrity of values throughout the Syndicate ledgers
• Liaison with the external auditor, ensuring that all the information required is produced and the audit is completed on time
• Working with various teams across the business; Actuarial, Operations, Underwriting Support, Claims, Outwards Reinsurance to ensure accurate day-to-day accounting within the syndicates
• Provide analysis and insight in to specific areas of the financial results, including building analytical models and performing deep dives
• Play an active and engaged part in the long term development of Production & Control team output and capabilities
• Contribute new ideas for fresh analysis, improvement of process and for making better use of technology
• Work directly with other areas of the Finance team (Group Finance, Regulatory Reporting, FP&A, Treasury, Capital, Tax) to ensure good communication and understanding between teams
• Work collaboratively with other teams in particular Claims, Operations & including overseas offices in the resolutions of queries, problems and in the improvement of team functioning
• Aid in the design, operation and reporting of controls across finance & operations
• Investigate and analyse issues that arise, and provide summaries and recommendations to the Syndicate Financial Controller
• Play a leading role in aligning the two main syndicates processes and systems.
Skills and Experience:
• Qualified accountant with syndicate exposure
• Knowledge of how to account for inwards and outwards insurance contracts
• Advanced Microsoft Excel (PowerPivot beneficial)
• Insurance business experience
• Experience of Lloyd’s
- Projects – Process Improvement and Accounting (12 Month FTC) £75-85,000
Job location: London
A specialist UK financial services group is loo...
- Finance Manager
Job location: Job salary: £55000 to £65000
A leading global legacy acquirer is looking for...
- Senior Finance Business Partner (15 Month Maternity Cover) £75-£85,000
Our client a global insurance brokerage and ris...