Edenbrook are currently recruiting for one of the world’s leading speciality insurance provider who operates within both the Lloyd’s and Company markets. The role will be reporting directly into the Technical Accounting manager. You’ll become a key member of the finance team to support with producing the month end close process. Accommodate any International entities with making sure all controls are set in place and processes are firmed to pass any audits.
• Support with the month end close process, making sure everything is completed before deadlines.
• Reconcile monthly underwriting reports and book required entries to the general ledger.
• Dealing with the UK and US GAAP journals and completing any changes to ensure all data is accurate.
• Ensuring all data within the General ledger is accurate and prepare monthly tax computations for all international entities.
• Complete all assigned balance sheet reconciliations and make sure it matches up to the Corporate Accounting Policy.
• Assist the technical accounting team with income statement reconciliations back to the data warehouse.
• Production and supplying of various reports to internal stakeholders.
• Ad-Hoc tasks when required for month end process.
• Work alongside a range of different departments including Treasury, Cash, Underwriters, RI, BI and Overseas branches to help with any reconciliation issues.
• Assist the International Technical Accounting Manager with the reconciliation close process.
• Support with improving processes and policy development to help the finance function.
• Make sure relevant process documents and process flows are up to date.
• Complete all audit control processes in line with deadlines and business requirements.
• Help with improving processes for the Intercompany accounting and reconciliations.
• Work alongside the Cash and Treasury teams and make sure Debtor and Creditor accounts are correct.
• Support the wider Finance Operations teams.
• Raise any problems and put forward improvements to the Data and Process Improvement team.
• Provide support to projects impacting future changes, BAU activities, month end close and Reporting.
Skills & Experience:
• Qualified Accountant (5 years post qualification)
• Experience working in an insurance business
• Advanced Excel skills including Pivot Tables, advanced formulae and large scale data manipulation
• Previous experience dealing with Data Warehouse systems