Back to job search
Are you a Finance & Reporting expert with a ‘go-getter’ attitude and high levels of energy and drive?
Do you lead from the front and are not afraid to challenge the status quo? If this sounds like you, please keep reading.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller you will support the production of high quality and robust financial, management and regulatory reporting for this Global Insurane Company. Not only will you will be instrumental in the efficient and timely consolidation of the group financial results, you will also be responsible for identifying and supporting ‘reporting process improvements’, creating a step-change in effectiveness and efficiency in response to increasing business and regulatory demands. To do this well, you will need excellent understanding of financial reporting processes & control, technical accounting (IFRS) and the production of listed company financial statements and regulatory returns.
You’ll be working in a small team who look after the Group’s external financial reporting and act as a key driver for a culture of excellence. There will be plenty of opportunity for you to support a variety of projects that are in full swing at present, such as IFRS17 and other commercial projects.
In addition the Group Accountant will work in collaboration with the Head of Group Consolidation as part of an agile finance team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the production and presentation of high quality Group monthly, quarterly and annual financial, statutory and regulatory reporting deliverables to both internal and external stakeholders in compliance with IFRS and Group Regulatory Reporting regulatory guidance
• Support the monthly consolidation of the Group financial results, including quarterly group reporting and six-monthly note disclosures
• Ensuring internal and external reporting deadlines, including management, statutory, regulatory and group reporting are met for group
• Prepare Group analytical pack for the Group’s Board of Directors and Executive Management Team
• Liaise with external auditors at half-year and year-end reporting
• Support the Head of Accounting Policy on implementing policies into the Group.
• Work alongside the Head of Financial Reporting & Control, Group Financial Controller and the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis ensuring clear link with actual financial reporting and business planning.
• Streamline and automate finance processes, leveraging technology enablers
• Fully engage in the wider development of a high performance finance team
• Lead and participate in the monthly accounting close under IFRS reporting with reconciliations to individual business unit expectations – ensuring accuracy, completeness and compliance with corporate standards
• Ensure that the Group’s assets & general ledger accounting activities, including all transactions processing systems, have functional integrity, proper controls, are well managed and operate efficiently
Skills/ Qualifications/ Experience required
• Fully qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA)
• At least 5 years post qualification experience, with significant current re/insurance industry experience
• Strong financial acumen
• Excellent technical and financial reporting knowledge
• Significant financial statement preparation experience for a listed global insurance organization
• Experience with the preparation and presentation of financial forecasts and reports, an asset
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with senior management and other stakeholders
• Successful relationship management track record
• Strong work ethic and the ability to take initiative and work without supervision
• Willingness and ability to work additional hours as required, in order to achieve business objectives
Reporting Relationships/ Interactions
• Reports to the Group Financial Controller
• Maintain constructive and supportive professional relationships with all senior members of the business unit finance teams and members of the Finance Senior Leadership team.