Back to job search
This is an opportunity to add value within the Group Head Office (GHO) of a insurance and reinsurance group fully focused on the European market. The grouop focus on growing their franchise, via acquisition, transfer, or reinsurance of portfolios from other insurers, and delivering a competitive long-term return.
You will be responsible for the preparation of the key annual, quarterly and monthly consolidation and executive reporting requirements of the Plc Head Office business unit. This includes preparing consolidated forecasts for the head office entities and preparing the 3-year annual business plan with full supporting commentary and analysis
You will be responsible for all fair value and hedge accounting relating to Head Office investments and treasury transactions and accounting for corporate activity and tax planning transactions, working closely with other GHO functions
You will be responsible for managing a team of two
• Production of monthly consolidation for head office entities and all associated group reporting requirements.
• Production of annual statutory and monthly management accounts for the head office legal entities.
• Ensure compliance with all group requirements and maintenance of process documentation
• Preparation of hedge documentation and hedge accounting journals and fair value accounting for all derivatives and debt
• Production of 3 year business plans, quarterly bottom-up forecasting and monthly top-down forecasting for the above entities
• Oversee production of month end supporting file for each entity balance sheet ensuring that all accounts are properly reconciled, including bank accounts, intercompany accounts, money market / treasury accounts
• Liaise with Group Financial Reporting on PRA reporting requirements
• Dealing with external auditors on audit requirements
Knowledge and Experience
• Qualified accountant with solid post qualification experience
• Strong financial and management accounts experience, including complex consolidations and corporate accounting
• Prior line management experience useful but not essential
• Enthusiastic individual with high levels of initiative
• Strong communication skills – able to deal with senior management with confidence
• Excellent organisational skills
• Committed team player with positive attitude
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Willingness to “get their hands dirty” and go the extra mile
- Programme Manager (12 months contract) £100-115,000
We are looking for a Programme Manager to help ...
- Senior Account Handler
Job location: London Job salary: £50000 to £60000
Senior Account Handler £50,000 - £60,000 ...
- Account Handler
Job location: London Job salary: £32000 to £32000
Account Handler £32,000 London – Flexible...