Back to job search
New opportunity within a leading insurance company, whereby you will support the group and Syndicate reporting teams with their BAU activities and provide back-fill to critical business roles being redeployed to projects/initiatives. The successful candidate will report into the Group Financial Controller & Syndicate Financial Controller with oversight from Head of Finance.
Key responsibilities & Accountabilities:
• Ensure compliance with relevant accounting standards.
• Calculation and posting of consolidation journals on a UK GAAP and US GAAP basis.
• Preparation and/or review of consolidation audit files and papers to support consolidation on a quarterly basis.
• Preparation and/or review of legal entity audit files and papers to support individual management accounts on a quarterly basis.
• Preparation of quarterly management accounts for entities within the corporate group.
• Production of the Lloyd’s QMB return.
• Completion of US and Canadian Trust fund returns.
• Assist with preparation of other quarterly Lloyd’s returns on an ad hoc basis.
• Aid internal audit processes and provide necessary analysis and to meet quarterly internal control requirements.
• Preparation and/or review of investment and cash reconciliations.
• Documentation of processes to be reviewed and updated.
• Identification of process improvements and optimisation.
• Liaison with company auditors including provision of data in response to audit queries.
To be successful in the role, you will need to have/be:
• A Qualified Accountant
• Knowledge of the Lloyd’s market and syndicate operations, including experience of QMRs preferred
• IT Skills – General ledger, Excel (including location and manipulation of large and complex data)
Insurance Accountant Contractor
|Discipline:||Finance & Strategy|
|Salary:||£100000 to £110000|
|Published:||20 days ago|
- Interim Financial / Senior Financial Analyst
Job location: Surrey Job salary: £45000 to £70000
New exciting opportunity as a Interim Finance/ ...
- Assistant Underwriter - Commercial Lines (FTC)
Job location: West Midlands Job salary: £25000 to £30000
Assistant Underwriter - Commercial Lines (12 mo...
- Interim M&A Associate
Job location: Job salary: £60000 to £75000
New Opportunity working as an Interim Associate...