Back to job search
New opportunity with a fast-growing UK insurer and innovator in data company who deliver market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution and finance. The role includes supporting the development and execution of the Group financial and regulatory accounting shared service function for the group and its subsidiaries. With accountability for the balance sheet reconciliations, schedules and notes, you'll ensure the monthly and annual accounts represent a true and fair view of the business performance.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
• Prepare balance sheet reconciliations, scheduled and notes to ensure appropriate financial risk management through proportionate controls and oversight of the Group and its subsidiaries
• Perform analytical review of balance sheet items to ensure business performance is appropriately reflected in the Group and subsidiaries financial statements
• Preparation and maintenance of monthly accruals and prepayments
• Preparation and monitoring effectiveness of accounting provisions and deferrals, including but not limited to insurance specific items
• Preparation of monthly management accounts for P&L, balance sheet and cash flows including month on month movement commentary on key movements
• Drafting annual financial reporting including business reviews, statement notes and preparation of primary financial statements
• Investigation of reconciliation deficiencies, ensuring appropriate escalation and business engagement is achieved
• Preparation of Statutory Financial Statements for the Groups subsidiaries
• Assist the Group auditors to ensure that the year-end audit process runs smoothly
• Maintain excellent working knowledge of applicable UK GAAP accounting policies
• Preparation of accounting memos and discussion papers relating to the commercial and operating activity of the
• Adherence to the Group accounting policies
• Support activities in other finance teams as required
• Ensure second line financial reconciliation activities are both efficient and effective with FCG
• Conduct colleague management duties including:
• Delivering coaching and feedback to direct reports to achieve KPI’s and SLA’s, and conducting regular performance reviews, including probationary reviews and annual appraisals as necessary.
• Deal with all colleague issues including monitoring absence and conducting disciplinarians
• Assist the recruitment process where necessary.
• Maintain department risk registers (as applicable), providing evidence and commentary for controls, updates for Mitigation Actions and maintaining control matrices and attestations. Also, to ensure that your team are aware of their responsibility to identify and report risk.
• Comply with the requirements, and act in accordance with, the Group Code of Conduct and Fitness and Propriety policies at all times
• Ensure compliance with Company Policies, Values and guidelines and other relevant standards/ regulations at all times
You will need to be able to demonstrate you have the following skills & experience:
• Hold an Accountancy Qualification, such as CIMA, ACCA or ACA
• Have proven experience in a group accounting function or audit experience across multiple tax jurisdictions
• Have strong analytical skills and ability to drive process improvement, based upon analysis of data
• Previous experience in a regulated group, financial services (desirable)
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written
• Good time management and organisation skills
• Proficient in Microsoft applications
• Strong mathematical, analytical, communication, and organization skills
• Work effectively under pressure and think clearly and logically in challenging situations
- Head of Finance Results Production
Job location: Job salary: £120000 to £140000
We are recruiting for a Head of Finance Results...
- Finance Accounts Receivable and Payable Manager
Job location: London Job salary: £90000 to £100000
New opportunity with a leading global insurer t...
- Commercial Finance Manager
Job location: Cambridgeshire Job salary: £45000 to £50000
We are currently partnering with an innovative,...