Back to job search
New opportunity with leading insurer, assisting in the delivery of accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting requirements, both management and regulatory, whilst providing insightful analysis and commentary for both revenue and expenses. The role also includes supporting the analysis of new and changing statutory regulations and accounting standards, as well as supporting the Planning and Forecasting of both revenue and expenses for the companies UK branch, including analysis and commentary as required.
Key responsibilities & Accountabilities:
• Ability to develop a detailed understanding of the technical result of the UK Branch
• Support the establishment of the ability to analyse the UK Branch IFRS 17 result
• Maintain a clear overview and understanding of the translation of operational data into financial results
• Monitor and analyse changes in regulations (statutory, legal, etc), and the potential impact on the UK Branch
• Responsible for maintaining and communicating a clear understanding of the key interfaces across the Technical result of the UK Branch
• Support the delivery of the UK Branch Technical result, by ensuring systems and processes are in place to transform operational data into transparent financial results
• Implementation of process improvements to improve efficiency within scope of responsibility
• Interaction with auditors to talk through processes and provide samples
• Support the reinsurance accountant to process quota share accounts and assess RI recoveries
• Responsible for monitoring the regulatory framework, both accounting and insurance aspects
• Analyse and understand the impact of any changes in the regulatory frameworks in advance, and presentation of key aspects to senior management
• Represent finance regarding any anticipated system or process changes, as required
• Contribute to the continued development of the general ledger and underwriting system
• Continuously monitor and improve processes around the use of the underwriting system, and its impact on the Technical Result, ensuring processes are documented, communicated and implemented
• Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of the underwriting system and its impact on the financial results
• Key individual for analysis between general ledger and underwriting system
• Establish a detailed understanding, and provide visibility of data transfer between underwriting system and general ledger
• Ensure the appropriate systems evolve as needed to ensure compliance with all financial regulatory and accounting standards
• Key contributor to design and roll-out of new company general ledger system
• Process Improvement
• Identify opportunities for processes improvements to enhance the efficiency, quality and value of processes within scope of responsibility
• Support end to end project management for functional projects including delivery of changes to meet new regulatory requirements, and changes to increase automation and drive efficiency
• Contribute to company-wide projects impacting finance
• Risk and Controls
• Design, implement and maintain process controls to ensure the quality of the output for your area/team within the function.
• Ensure documentation of the processes and output is accurate, up-to-date and accessible
• Design, deliver, develop and analyse reports, identify and recommend solutions to reporting issues in line with group/branch requirements
Qualifications & Capabilities:
• Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
• Insurance experience (desirable)
• Effective communications, client focus, collaboration, initiative, working relationships
• Problem Solving
• Delivery and Accountability
• Innovation and Continuous Improvement
• Communicating and Influencing
• Customer Focus
• Team worker
• Effective Leadership
• Systems, problem solving, negotiation, influencing, sales
• Ensuring delivery of high quality and accurate financial information to Senior Management.
• Desire for continuous improvement of self, team members and the departments ‘service’.
• Ability to coach, manage and mentor less senior staff
• Effective communicator, both verbal and written, face-to-face and via virtual media
• Capability to adapt and be flexible to change and evolving customer requirements and working practices
• Energy & determination to succeed in a fast-paced environment of business transformation
- Deputy Head of Company Secretariat
Job location: London Job salary: £110000 to £130000
New Deputy Head of Company Secretariat opportun...
- Compliance Manager/ Senior Complince Analyst
Job location: London Job salary: £60000 to £80000
New Compliance Manager/ Senior Compliance Analy...
- Compliance Manager
Job location: London Job salary: £90000 to £120000
New all-encompassing Compliance Manager opportu...