Back to job search
The European arm of this public limited company is seeking an Finance Director for their European operations. As one of the largest insurance groups in the world, the business is active on the German market as an insurance company in the private and commercial customer sector.
The business develop and distribute insurance and financial services products for global motor brands, as well as specialized products for car dealerships.
In order to enhance and invest in their finance division we are looking for Finance Director Europe
• Finance director for the European division and associated companies
• Provide complete commercial, operational and financial management, oversight and decision-making support
• Accountable for all European regulatory and statutory reporting, including Solvency II, SFCRs and contribution to the wider Group and Solo ORSAs
• Develop, monitor and analyse financial information, KPI trends, service performance and other key business metrics to identify, evaluate and make recommendations to maximise revenue and operating income growth and to drive efficiencies
• Oversee and maintain all company books and records in both applicable local GAAP and maintain local to IFRS and Japanese GAAP adjustments
• Direct management of the European finance head office function and indirect management of regional finance managers who report into regional MD’s
• Engagement with key external partners, including banks, auditors and regulators
• Form a key part of the Group Finance Leadership team, supporting the European Group CFO
• Relevant degree or qualification in Accounting, Finance or related field, or equivalent experience
• 10+ years of experience in a senior finance role within the financial services sector (ideally non-life insurance), with experience gained across financial reporting, financial planning and analysis and finance operations
• Commercially astute with strong collaboration skills and the ability to build strong business relationship at all levels throughout the organisation
• Preferably experienced at a board level and with experience in interacting with financial services regulators
• Knowledge of financial services reporting requirements and experience of overseeing these and managing changes
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in fluent English and German. Other languages a plus
• Demonstrable experience of leading and motivating teams
- E&O / PI / FL Claims Adjuster
Job location: London Job salary: £50000 to £60000
Claims Adjuster - E&O / PI / FL £50,000 ...
- Aviation Claims Adjuster - FTC
Job location: London
Aviation Claims Adjuster – 9 month FTC £60,...
- Major Loss Claims Adjuster
Job location: London Job salary: £75000 to £95000
Major Loss Energy Claims Adjuster £75,000 - ...