Back to job search
Claims Advocate - Marine
£50,000 - £60,000
London – Flexible hybrid working
A top tier Broker are seeking to supplement significant growth by reinforcing their Claims function. They are seeking a Claims professional with a Marine specialism, ideally with Marine Hull & Liability exposure.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
• Management and control of complex claims. Marine expertise would be beneficial.
• On receipt of claim notification, identify risk, review details in conjunction with coverage/wording afforded, acknowledge to client/intermediary, prepare claims file accurately and promptly and maintain in-house and external computerised claims records
• Producing claims information and presenting to insurers/reinsurers, either in written or networked format; and dealing with any resultant instructions, queries, and enquiries
• Monitoring insurers’ agreement and payment of funds and ensuring that payment is made to the appropriate beneficiary
• Identifying any potential errors and omissions if situations arise
• Reporting any claims difficulties immediately to management
• Ensuring relevant insurer’s instructions are notified to Client/expert and vice versa
• Building meaningful relationships with Clients, experts, and insurers by dealing with them in a prompt, friendly and professional manner at all times
• Ensuring effective liaison with closing colleagues, including, where required, the maintenance and provision of claims statistics for renewal or similar purposes
• Ensuring effective liaison with accounting colleagues both with regard to collection/payment of funds, any queries and the subsequent clearance of accounting entries
• Maintaining claims filing
• Keeping up to date with market and system changes
• Monitoring workload and reporting to management as appropriate
Skills & experience required:
• Expert in one or more lines of business – ideally specific marine hull and liability knowledge
• Sufficient knowledge and understanding of the relevant aspects of the Law of Agency and the Law of Contract to be able to perform the Principal Tasks
• Sufficient knowledge and understanding of the general concepts of insurance to be able to perform the Principal Tasks
• Good working knowledge of the Underwriters and markets; and their practices, documentation and customs
• Good working knowledge of the US and other relevant insurance and regulatory environment
- Deputy Head of Company Secretariat
Job location: London Job salary: £110000 to £130000
New Deputy Head of Company Secretariat opportun...
- Compliance Manager/ Senior Complince Analyst
Job location: London Job salary: £60000 to £80000
New Compliance Manager/ Senior Compliance Analy...
- Compliance Manager
Job location: London Job salary: £90000 to £120000
New all-encompassing Compliance Manager opportu...