Back to job search
Marine Claims Adjuster
London – Flexible hybrid working
A top 10 international insurer are seeking a Marine Claims Adjuster to join the Marine Claims team. This individual will manage and assess through to conclusion a portfolio of Marine claims in accordance with guidelines, engage with internal and external stakeholders and promote company propositions.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
• To assess and evaluate policy liability and to calculate reserve exposures, assess settlement values of claims.
• To negotiate settlement of claims to bring them to a successful conclusion. This may involve policy holders, other professionals, insurers, loss adjusters, brokers, solicitors and third parties by letter, telephone or meeting.
• To develop and maintain client relationships and look after key accounts which include providing timely and clear responses to correspondence received
• To create and manage documented files utilizing corporate mainframe and other claims department systems. Maintain these through the use of diary, logs, and monitoring tools.
• To represent the company and the department at internal and external meetings including review meetings with brokers, policy holders and key clients. To participate in audit reviews
• To provide general assistance and support to senior claims adjusters, managers and underwriters including projects and ad-hoc tasks as they arise e.g. audits.
• To work within the framework of ethical and service standards. To fulfil compliance and regulatory requirements (including complaints procedure).
• To act as part of a team to ensure both Team and individual goals are met and to work with third party service providers to ensure claims service standards are maintained
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
• Solid experience of claims handling within Insurance Company, Lloyd’s Syndicate or insurance broker environment. Experience of specific business lines referenced with associated legal aspects and protocols.
• A good understanding and experience in handling claims under multinational policies
• Minimum GCSE but preferably A level, Highers or equivalent standard.
• Competent in Microsoft Office.
• To have sound understanding of the insurance / reinsurance market.
• May have or expected to study for ACII (Associate of Chartered Insurance Institute or ASCT (Associate of the Society of Claims Technicians).
• Continues to develop technical and broader business skills.
- Operational Controls Analyst
Job location: London Job salary: £45000 to £55000
Operational Controls Analyst £45,000 - £55,...
- Regional Claims Adjuster - Financial Lines
Job location: Birmingham Job salary: £30000 to £35000
Regional Claims Adjuster – Financial Lines £...
- Finance Support Manager
Job location: Leeds
New opportunity within a fast growing finance t...