Back to job search
New insurance opportunity as an Assistant Syndicate Accountant to join a dynamic team to assist with preparation of quarterly and annual Lloyd’s regulatory returns for the company’s syndicate. The successful candidate will be responsible for some technical journal entries and related reconciliations. The candidate will also support the development of the Finance function.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
• Assist with preparation of all Finance designated regulatory returns to Lloyd's (and other regulators as required) in accordance with internal and published timetables – including QMA, QSR, QAD, ASR, AAD and others that arise
• Develop strong and in-depth understanding of dataflows which support the population of the GL and overall financial reporting
• Maintain adequate procedures and controls
• Contribute to improving overall quality and speed of reporting with efficient use of systems and tools
• Assist with production of annual syndicate and corporate member accounts
• Assist with preparation of all relevant Lloyd’s tax returns
• Provide evidence and assistance to external auditors as required
• Support implementation of new systems and preparation of relevant documentation
• Support data integrations of new business acquisitions, including testing and preparation of relevant documentation
• Support development and testing of data warehouse for financial reporting and preparation of relevant documentation
To be successful in this role, you will need to be/have:
• London market insurance reporting experience
• Technical insurance accounting knowledge
• Accounting qualification – part qualified
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong Excel, Microsoft Office and other data manipulation tools
• Some experience of Lloyd’s regulatory returns and applications
• Experience of Sun accounting software & Vision Q&A
• Knowledge of US GAAP Company’s values
- Tax Accountant
Job location: London Job salary: £80000 to £90000
We are currently working with a leading Commerc...
- Deputy Head of Company Secretariat
Job location: London Job salary: £110000 to £130000
New Deputy Head of Company Secretariat opportun...
- Compliance Manager/ Senior Complince Analyst
Job location: London Job salary: £60000 to £80000
New Compliance Manager/ Senior Compliance Analy...