Back to job search
Assistant Company Secretary
£55,000 - £70,000
London – Flexible hybrid working
Undergoing a significant period of developmental growth, a market leading international reinsurance broker are seeking an Assistant Company Secretary to join the Governance team. The primary responsibilities of this individual will be to assist the Company Secretary with effective adherence to legal, statutory and corporate governance standards across multiple jurisdictions.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
• Providing support to the Company Secretary with governance advice, statutory reporting, agenda planning, development of annual meeting calendar, delivery of robust minutes, effective action follow up and meeting administration requirements
• Working closely with the Global CFO to deliver agreed priorities with respect to regulated entities whilst meeting all governance requirements in a timely and consistent way
• Management of all regulatory fillings to the FCA and other regulatory bodies and/or company registrars as required
• Responsibility for ensuring efficient and appropriate document execution by relevant signing authorities across the business
• To be a point of contact for third-party corporate governance service providers
• Updating and maintaining statutory databases and registers
• Maintaining and ensuring governance and compliance policies are kept up to date and are approved by the appropriate committees/boards annually
• Assist with the M&A and commercial activities and other international corporate activities/actions i.e., helping set up new legal entities globally
• Provide information to executive management as and when required
• Provide input to ad hoc projects and work streams
• Support the business to complete any KYC and other governance requests, both internally and externally
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
• Either ICSA qualified/part qualified or completed a legal degree
• A willingness to help progress corporate projects with the Company Secretary on behalf of the Group when required
• Able to demonstrate an understanding of company secretarial governance, corporate business practices and legislation
• Familiarity working with Diligent Board books (or similar tool)
• Demonstrate strong corporate administration skills
• Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Capable of operating with limited supervision
• Discretion and integrity handling confidential information
• Strong interpersonal skills with excellent spoken & written communication skills and an ability to develop strong relationships across the business
• Ability to handle a broad and diverse workload and is willing to undertake all aspects of CoSec support.
- Projects – Process Improvement and Accounting (12 Month FTC) £75-85,000
Job location: London
A specialist UK financial services group is loo...
- Finance Manager
Job location: Job salary: £55000 to £65000
A leading global legacy acquirer is looking for...
- Senior Finance Business Partner (15 Month Maternity Cover) £75-£85,000
Our client a global insurance brokerage and ris...