Back to job search
New role that involves an integrated team of insurance and reinsurance specialists who bring together vast experience and expertise gained from working in markets and sectors across the world. The role includes reporting to the Global Head of Financial Planning & Analysis (London). This person will also work alongside the local regional executive team and will guide and develop FPA reporting at regional & segment level, following guidelines from group.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
• Work closely with group FP&A and regional heads to ensure regional and group targets are met
• Develop and enhance the FP&A regional team and its reporting deliverables
• Drive regional business initiatives to achieve financial targets and maintain cost discipline by providing financial and analytical support
• Execute month-end and quarter-end reporting along with variance analysis including preparation of financial reports and presentations for key regional stakeholders
• Support annual operating plan, rolling forecast processes, and multi-year strategic plans
• Assist revenue forecasting process by working regional teams to monitor performance and identify risks & opportunities
• Forecast KPIs and compare to targets for region
• Take ownership of regional weekly revenue forecasting working collectively with the local and regional teams to ensure timely and accurate monthly/yearly forecasting
• Perform and monitor regional revenue scenario planning to help management project various outcomes whilst monitoring projected functional and overall expenses
• Develop business projections for long term strategic plans and capital spending
• Conduct industry peer analysis and evaluate new business opportunities and investments
• Responsible for development and input to group and regional boards packs
• Assist with the implementation of a new reporting tool project globally
• Assist with regional and group wide ad hoc projects and ensure completion in a timely manner in addition to executing core responsibilities
• Acquire deep knowledge and understanding of company’s business performance and reporting to Finance Leadership
• Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and application of these.
Qualifications & experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, and Business Administration related field (MBA or CPA preferred)
• 5-10 years minimum experience in a Finance function, preferably FP&A, Investment Banking, Treasury, Corporate Development, or a Corporate Finance Analytical Role
• 3+ years of experience in a similar role within the Insurance industry preferred
• Appropriate knowledge of financial planning and analysis systems (for example, Oracle or Hyperion) preferred
• High proficiency in financial modeling and financial analysis.
• Expert in Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint especially in consolidating large data set and summarizing it for executive management (great storyteller!)
• Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) concepts.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast-paced environment
• Exceptionally strong leadership and communication skills (written and verbal) with the professionalism and confidence to partner with all levels of management
• Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion is required
• Independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems with minimal supervision or direction
• The individual must have excellent accounting, finance, and communication skills to be a self-starter and work with minimal management supervision.
- Operational Controls Analyst
Job location: London Job salary: £45000 to £55000
Operational Controls Analyst £45,000 - £55,...
- Regional Claims Adjuster - Financial Lines
Job location: Birmingham Job salary: £30000 to £35000
Regional Claims Adjuster – Financial Lines £...
- Finance Support Manager
Job location: Leeds
New opportunity within a fast growing finance t...