Back to job search
Senior Claims Advocate – International P&C
London – Flexible hybrid working
A top tier Broker are seeking to supplement significant growth by reinforcing their Claims function. They are seeking a Claims professional with an international exposure across Property & Casualty.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
• Management and control of complex Property & Casualty claims –International (Canada, Australia & other jurisdictions)
• On receipt of claim notification, identify risk, review details in conjunction with coverage/wording afforded, acknowledge to client/intermediary, prepare claims file accurately and promptly and maintain in-house and external computerised claims records
• Producing claims information and presenting to reinsurers, either in written or networked format; and dealing with any resultant instructions, queries, and enquiries
• Monitoring insurers’ agreement and payment of funds and ensuring that payment is made to the appropriate beneficiary
• Identifying any potential errors and omissions if situations arise
• Reporting any claims difficulties immediately to management
• Ensuring relevant insurer’s instructions are notified to Client/expert and vice versa
• Building meaningful relationships with Clients, experts, and insurers by dealing with them in a prompt, friendly and professional manner always
• Ensuring effective liaison with closing colleagues, including, where required, the maintenance and provision of claims statistics for renewal or similar purposes
• Ensuring effective liaison with accounting colleagues both in respect of collection/payment of funds, any queries, and the subsequent clearance of accounting entries
• Maintaining claims filing
• Keeping up to date with market and system changes
• Monitoring workload and reporting to management as appropriate
Qualifications & Experience:
• 2-5 years handling P&C Claims
• Ability to process Reinstatement Premiums
• Knowledge of ECF/CLASS
• ACII completion or working towards a CII designation
• Undergraduate degree
• Knowledge of Global XB internal claims system
• Sufficient knowledge and understanding of the relevant aspects of the Law of Agency and the Law of Contract to be able to perform the Principal Tasks
• Good working knowledge of the Underwriters and markets; and their practices, documentation, and customs
• Good working knowledge of reinsurance class worldwide and other relevant insurance and regulatory procedures.
- FP&A Analyst
Job location: Job salary: £45000 to £65000
New opportunity based in the heart of London’s ...
- Financial Accountant
Job location: London
New opportunity working for a leading insurance...
- Finance Analyst - Programme & Technology
Job location: West Sussex Job salary: £25000 to £45000
New Opportunity as a Finance Analyst, working a...