Back to job search
Operational Controls Analyst
£45,000 - £55,000
London – Flexible hybrid working
One of the largest global insurance companies is seeking to reinforce its operational capacity with an Operational Controls Analyst. Reporting to the Conduct Risk Manager, the core responsibilities of the role revolve around analysis of controls with a view to furthering improvements in process regarding frameworks for SPL for rolling implementations.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
• Provides support to the administration and management activities relating to SPL’s governance framework.
• Validation and adherence to policies and specific business area processes and procedures.
• Follow procedures and implement controls to ensure compliance with company requirements.
• Review existing procedures and controls, identify gaps, create action plan to close gaps and oversee implementation and embedding of improvements
• Perform rolling reviews and rolling control audits of procedures and controls to ensure ongoing adherence with corporate policies. Prepare reports for management with findings and recommendations.
• Prepare Control reports for local and regional governance forums.
• Document programme level control requirements and prepare control review and audit plans,
• Undertake control validation reviews and audits in accordance with prepared review plans,
• Prepare and present monthly performance reporting packs to SPL regional management team and help management to implement agreed mitigation plans.
• Through continual monitoring, identify ways to improve existing controls or implement new controls to ensure SPL is aligned to changes to the company and/or regulatory landscape.
• Provide in the administration of governance meetings: Schedule meetings, Prepare meeting inputs, Document and circulate meeting outputs, follow up on meeting actions.
• Develop and continually improve processes for the control validation and monitoring of the control framework.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you have the following skills & experience:
• Demonstrable experience in operational and risk management controls.
• Experience to work alone and as part of a team, ability to come to conclusions, defend position and influence others.
• Experience in multiple countries would be an advantage.
• Effective time management and flexibility are critical personal attributes.
• Ability to adapt easily to change, be a professional of high ethical standards and work diligently to complete the role’s duties.
• Meeting deadlines is a critical success factor for this role.
- FP&A Analyst
Job location: Job salary: £45000 to £65000
New opportunity based in the heart of London’s ...
- Financial Accountant
Job location: London
New opportunity working for a leading insurance...
- Finance Analyst - Programme & Technology
Job location: West Sussex Job salary: £25000 to £45000
New Opportunity as a Finance Analyst, working a...