Back to job search
A leading Insurance and Technology business is looking to hire a new IT Risk Manager to its growing risk team. Established almost 20 years ago, the business focuses across several key verticals, including underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Joining as the IT Risk Manager, you will be responsible for the provision of oversight over IT, Data and Change across the business as a whole. As the business has grown, and continues to grow, it is very important that the person for this role has both the technical expertise but also have the ability to educate and influence the business and to make senior management and stakeholders aware of key risks facing the business and best practice to mitigate these.
Key role specifics will include but not be limited to:
• Performing risk and control assessments of all processes across technology maintaining risk registers
• Undertake technology risk deep dives and assurance reviews and reporting findings to senior management and Executive Committees
• Contributing to the groups ongoing Operational Risk framework
• Investigating Technology operational risk events and incidents and improving controls where needed
• Partner with the Compliance function to ensure compliance with any regulatory requirements related to Information Technology
• Provision of oversight and assurance for strategic (IT-enabled) projects, ensuring compliance with standards, assessing key controls and providing IT risk and governance feedback on key projects
The Right candidate:
As mentioned, the role requires the successful candidate to have both the technical ability but also the ability to consult with and help to influence in a positive way about technology risks facing the business. Other key requirements include:
• A recognised IT or Data qualification (e.g., CISA)
• Substantial IT risk management experience
• Understanding of best practice requirements of IT Risk Management, Data Governance and Information Security
• Knowledge of industry standard frameworks (COBIT, ITIL, ISO27001)
• Understanding of the regulatory requirements
• Strategic thinking and decision making
• Analytical thinker with clear ability to distil into key points
• Excellent communication skills
- Senior Accountant
Job location: Surrey Job salary: £55000 to £62000
An exciting insurance business based in South L...
- Head of Technical Accounting & Policy
Job location: York Job salary: £80000 to £95000
This is a great role for a Senior Professional ...
- Senior FP&A Cost Accountant
Job location: London - City Job salary: £60000 to £70000
Our client an ever growing leading global provi...